Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- Source : Dallas Morning News Recipe of the Day Mailer
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened (¾ of an 8-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 preheated pound cake loaf (10¾ to 12 ounces), thawed if frozen
- 2 pint baskets fresh California strawberries, stemmed
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped and lightly sweetened
- In small bowl beat cheese, orange juice concentrated honey to blend thoroughly; mix in walnuts.
- Cut cake into 12 equal slices.
- Slice 1 basket of the strawberries.
- Spread 4 slices of cake, on one side, with some of the cheese mixture.
- Top with half of strawberry slices, with more cheese mixture; place on first 4 cake slices.
- Cover with remaining sliced strawberries.
- Spread remaining cake slices, on one side, with remaining cheese mixture; place cheese sides down on sandwiches.
- Cut diagonally into halves; skewer each with a sandwich pick.
- Serve sandwiches with remaining strawberries, halved, dividing equally.
- Dollop with whipped cream; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.