- In bowl, mix crumbs and butter to blend thoroughly.
- Press evenly onto bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Stand strawberry halves, touching, side-by-side, pointed ends up with cuts sides against side of pan; set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in blender container.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, mix water and corn syrup; bring to boil and simmer 1 minute.
- Immediately pour over chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in large mixer bowl, beat 1½ cups of the cream to form stiff peaks.
- With rubber spatula, fold cooled chocolate into whipped cream to blend thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan; level top. (points of strawberries might extend above chocolate mixture)
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Up to 2 hours before serving, in medium mixer bowl, beat remaining one cup cream to form soft peaks.
- Add sugar; beat to form stiff peaks.
- Remove side of pan; place cake on serving plate.
- Pipe or dollop whipped cream onto top of cake.
- Arrange remaining halved strawberries on whipped cream.
- To serve, cut into wedges with thin knife, wiping blade between cuts.