Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tbsp margarine
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup evaporated skim milk 
- 1½ tbsp unflavored gelatin (1½ pk)
- 2 tbsp sugar, divided
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp orange rind, grated
- 2 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup strawberries, crushed 
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt margarine in 9 inch pan.
- Add crumbs, mix.
- Press mixture over bottom of pan.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Cool.
- Sieve cottage cheese or puree in blender.
- Add milk and stir until smooth. Chill.
- In saucepan, mix 1½ tbsp gelatin and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Add juice and rind.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Let stand at room temperature.
- In medium bowl beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Fold in gelatin and cottage cheese.
- Pour over crumbs. Refrigerate until set before adding glaze.
- Glaze mix remaining gelatin (½ tbsp ) with water and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour mixture over cheesecake and spread with spatula.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- ↑ For ⅓ cup evaporated milk, you can place a scant 2 tbsp powdered skim milk in a measuring cup and fill with liquid milk up to ⅓ mark.
- ↑ Crush fresh strawberries, or thaw frozen unsweetened.
Nutritional information Edit
For ⅛ recipe:
- 120 calories | 7.8 g protein | 4.1 g fat | 13.4 g carbohydrate | 253.6 mg sodium | 207.2 mg potassium | 1.2 gm fiber | 3 mg cholesterol
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ starch, 1 lean meat, ½ fruit