Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Mr Mom Mailer
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 2 pints (4 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Line 2 x 9-inch round pans with foil; lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix brownie mix according to box.
- Divide batter evenly into sprayed foil-lined pans; spread evenly.
- Bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pans by lifting foil.
- Cool completely (about 1 hour) and remove foil.
- In small bowl,combine whipped topping and amaretto; fold gently to mix.
- To assemble dessert, place one complete brownie layer, top side down, on serving plate.
- Spread with half of filling mixture.
- Arrange half of sliced strawberries in thin layer over filling.
- Top with second brownie, topside up.
- Spread with remaining mixture.
- Arrange remaining strawberry slices over top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.