Makes 10 servings.
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen strawberries, thawed and divided
- 1/2 cup Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable cooking spray
- Measure 1 cup strawberries; mash and set aside.
- strawberry Sauce: Place remaining strawberries in blender container and puree.
- Transfer puree to 2-quart saucepan; add 1/4 cup Sugar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is softened.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Add reamining 1/4 cup Sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add rice; stir until well blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in whipped topping, vanilla and reserved mashed strawberries.
- Spoon into 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill until firm.
- To serve, unmold onto serving platter and serve with strawberry sauce.