Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 servings.
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen strawberries, thawed and divided
- 1/2 cup Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable cooking spray
- Measure 1 cup strawberries; mash and set aside.
- strawberry Sauce: Place remaining strawberries in blender container and puree.
- Transfer puree to 2-quart saucepan; add 1/4 cup Sugar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is softened.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Add reamining 1/4 cup Sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add rice; stir until well blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in whipped topping, vanilla and reserved mashed strawberries.
- Spoon into 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill until firm.
- To serve, unmold onto serving platter and serve with strawberry sauce.