Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2¼ cups cold milk, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
Strawberry Creme Edit
- Using a 6-cup ring mold - lightly oil.
- Drain the strawberry slices, but keep the liquid. Add water to the strawberry juice to equal ¾ cup.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the liquid and let stand for 3 mins. Refrigerate the drained berries.
- In pan, combine the Sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 cups milk.
- Cook gently over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is very smooth and hot.
- Add the gelatin mixture, stirring constantly, until gelatin is completely dissolved and the entire mixture is integrated. Remove from heat, add remaining milk and vanilla.
- Pour into bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hr. Check to see if mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- If not, continue keeping in refrigerate and repeat checking.
- Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff; fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared mold and refrigerate 3 hrs. Unmold and garnish with Strawberry Creme.