Strawberry Bavarian Cream from Dainty Desserts for Dainty People by Knox Gelatine—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- ½ envelope Knox sparkling gelatine
- 1 tablespoonful lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry juice and pulp
- l ½ cups heavy cream, beaten until stiff
- Soak gelatine in cold water five minutes, and dissolve by standing cup containing mixture in hot water.
- Strain into strawberry juice mixed with lemon juice.
- Add sugar, and when sugar is dissolved set bowl containing mixture in pan of ice water and stir until mixture begins to thicken; then fold in cream.
- Turn into wet mold lined with strawberries cut in halves, and chill.
- Garnish with fruit, selected strawberries and leaves.
- A delicious cream may also be made with canned strawberries.