Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Strawberry Bavarian Cream from Dainty Desserts for Dainty People by Knox Gelatine—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- ½ envelope Knox sparkling gelatine
- 1 tablespoonful lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry juice and pulp
- l ½ cups heavy cream, beaten until stiff
- Soak gelatine in cold water five minutes, and dissolve by standing cup containing mixture in hot water.
- Strain into strawberry juice mixed with lemon juice.
- Add sugar, and when sugar is dissolved set bowl containing mixture in pan of ice water and stir until mixture begins to thicken; then fold in cream.
- Turn into wet mold lined with strawberries cut in halves, and chill.
- Garnish with fruit, selected strawberries and leaves.
- A delicious cream may also be made with canned strawberries.