- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup plain (or strawberry) yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas, enough for 1¼ cups mashed.
- 8-12 large California strawberries stemmed and mashed, enough for ¾ cup
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and lightly flour 6-6" x 4 " bread pans or 2-9" x 9" cake pans.
- In large bowl, beat butter at high speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat at high speed until fluffy.
- Lower speed and add the eggs, vanilla and yogurt one at a time.
- Allow the ingredients to completely blend.
- Add bananas and strawberries until evenly blended.
- Add all sifted ingredients to mixture ½ cup at a time until completely blended.
- Do not over mix! add the walnuts and stir to mix.
- Pour the finished batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35–55 minutes.
- Bread will be browned on top and pull away from side of pan when ready.
- Place pans on cooling rack for 10 minutes before inverting them.