Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Four layer cake---and between the layers is whipped cream and strawberries, really pretty cake.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 quarts strawberries
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly, melted
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Coat the bottoms of 2 round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Line with wax paper, coat paper.
- In a bowl, whisk first 4 ingredients.
- In 2nd bowl, whisk oil, egg yolks, ½ cup cold water, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Let sit 3 minutes then stir oil mixture into flour mixture until blended. Set aside.
- In bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy then beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold one third of the whites into flour mixture, then fold in remaining whites.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Invert cakes from pans.
- Remove wax paper, return to right side up.
- Slice one of the cake layers in half, repeat with second layer.
- Slice 6 cups of the berries and toss in a bowl with 2 tbsp jelly.
- Place one cake layer on pedestal.
- Top with 1½ cups of the filling.
- Combine gelatin and 2 tbs cool water in a bowl. Let stand 3 minutes.
- Microwave on high 15 seconds or until melted.
- Stir until smooth and then cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add cream continue to beat until very foamy.
- Add gelatin, continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Use immediately to fill layers of cake.
- Layer with ¾ cup sliced berries.
- Repeat twice more, then top with final cake layer.
- Cut remaining berries in half.
- Toss with remaining jelly.
- Spread remaining filling on top of cake.
- Top with strawberries and serve.