Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Prajitura de Strasburg
- 8 oz / 250 g flour
- 8 oz / 250 g butter
- 2 lbs / 1 kg apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 yolks
- shortening for greasing the pan
- egg mixed with sweetened water
- Put the flour in a mound on the pastry board.
- Put 1 tablespoon water, yolks, butter, salt and 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar in the middle of the flour.
- Knead well. Let the resulting dough rest, covered with an inverted bowl, for two hours.
- In the meantime, peel the apples, cut into thin slices and sprinkle with cinnammon.
- Then divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each of them into a ¼ inch thick sheet.
- Lay the first sheet in the greased pan, the apples sprinkled with 1 cup granulated sugar on top of the first sheet.
- Cover with the second sheet and wash with a little egg mixed with 1 tablespoon sweetened water.
- Bake at medium heat and when done, cut into medium squares.