Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the classic version adapted from gourmet magazine.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- Parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- mix cornstarch and 1/4 c water, set aside.
- bring stock and remaining water to a boil in a saucepan.
- reduce heat and add zest, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- whisk in cornstarch mixture and stir 2-3 minutes, simmering.
- add egg in a slow stream, stirring with a spoon.
- add spinach return to boil, remove from heat.
- serve with grated Parmesan cheese as a garnish.