Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Roman rag soup.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- 103 calories per serving
- Serves 4 to 8
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp flour (or semolina)
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
- pinch of salt
- Mix stocks for soup in large pot.
- Bring to simmer and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs, flour and 4 tbsp cheese together.
- Add lemon peel and salt and ¼ cup of mixed soup stock.
- Remove simmering pot from heat; pour rag batter into soup in thin stream, pouring carefully all over surface of soup.
- Return to heat.
- Stir with wooden spoon.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes as batter cooks and turns into rags.
- Serve very hot with the parsley and cheese garnish.