Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg small stewing pears
- 3 cloves
- 1 piece fresh lemon rind
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 50 g brown sugar
- 200 red wine
- 100 ml black currant liqueur
- Peel the pears and leave whole.
- Stab the lemon rind with the cloves.
- Put the pears, lemon zest, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large pan and pour in the red wine and liqueur.
- Add enough water to just cover the pears.
- Bring to the boil and leave the pears to simmer, covered, for 2,5 hours until tender.
- Serve: lift the pears carefully out of the pan, serve on a plate with some cinnamon ice cream and thick whipped cream.