Yield: makes 8 (½ cup) servings
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tbsp ginger — finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove — finely chopped
- 4 cup bok choy — cut diagonally into 1" slices
- ¾ lbs firm tofu — drained and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 can (15 oz) baby corn
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- ½ tbsp chili paste with soy bean
- 1½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a wok or 12-inch fry pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy, and cook until the leaves soften and turn a deeper green.
- Add the tofu, baby corn, sherry, chile paste, and hoisin sauce, and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Move the stir-fry ingredients to the sides of the pan to make a well in the center of the wok or fry pan, and add the cornstarch to the liquid remaining in the well.
- Stir until the cornstarch clarifies and the mixture thickens.
- Move the stir-fry ingredients into the well and coat them with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 89 cals, 6gm protein, 3.7gm total fat, 11.3gm carbo, 0mg chol, 2.6gm fiber, 80mg sodium, 99mg calcium
- exchanges: ¼ fat, ⅜ meat, 1/10 starch, 2 vegetable