Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 4 choice chicken pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1½ cups sliced celery, including leaves
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ⅓ cup chopped sweet pickles
- ¼ cup chopped pimentos
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- Remove skin and bone from Chicken. Cut Chicken in small thin pieces. Cook Chicken and Onion in butter about 3 minutes. Stir in celery and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; add rice, pickles, pimentos, eggs, salt, pepper, ginger, Mayonnaise and pickle juice; toss lightly to blend. Serve while hot. Garnish with tomato wedges and ripe olives, if desired.