This colorful side dish is packed with flavor and good nutrition.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time:5 min | Start to Finish:10 min
- Makes:4 servings
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1½ cups small broccoli flowerets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Spray wok or 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium- high heat.
- Add gingerroot and garlic; stir-fry about 1 minute or until light brown.
- Add broccoli, carrots and onion; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and salt.
- Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir about 10 seconds or until thickened.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and oyster sauce; cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Make this a meatless main course when you toss in some toasted whole almonds or cashews and serve over brown rice.
- Planned-overs: Stir chopped cooked chicken or beef into leftover stir-fry and use as a pita sandwich filling.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 95 (Calories from Fat 10) | Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 590mg | Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 4g) | Protein 3 g
Percent Daily Value :
- Vitamin A 100 % | Vitamin C 32 % | Calcium 4 % | Iron 6 %
- Exchanges: 4 Vegetable
- ↑ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.