- 2 pounds of clams
- 2 small, fresh, sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of peanut oil for cooking
- Clean the clams by scrubbing them under cool running water with a vegetable brush.
- Cut the red peppers into sections.
- Mix in separate bowl with basil, soy sauce, wine garlic and sesame oil.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the clams and the sauce and mix. Cover and simmer over a low heat until the clams open.
- Serves four as an appetizer. Pour over rice or noodles to serve as a main course.