Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/4 cups raw sticky rice (sweet or glutinous rice). Use Thai sticky rice if possible.
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for mixing with rice (do not shake the coconut milk can before opening. Spoon out only the thick part that's usually on top)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for topping the rice (freeze the rest of the coconut milk for other use later)
- 1/8 tsp salt for the topping
- 1/2 tbsp salt for mixing with rice
- 1/4 tsp rice flour
- 6 medium mangoes—peeled and sliced
- Wash and rinse the sticky rice well. Add enough water to the rice so until the water is about 1/4" above the rice surface. Cook rice in an automatic rice cooker or in a bowl in a steamer. Do not open the rice until fully cooked (about 20-25 mins).
- Heat, on low, 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan. Add Sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the coconut milk and cook until dissolved. Remove from heat and pour into cooked rice. Stir to mix well and set aside to let stand for about 15 mins.
- Heat the rest of coconut milk and add salt.
- Stir until the salt is dissolved.
- This makes the topping sauce.
- To serve, place sliced mangoes on a side of a serving disk. Spoon some seasoned sticky rice on the other side. Top the rice with 1 or 2 tsp of coconut sauce and serve.
- Makes about 6 servings.