- Makes about 6 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups raw sticky rice (sweet or glutinous rice).
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for mixing with rice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for topping the rice (freeze the rest of the coconut milk for other use later)
- 1/8 tsp salt for the topping
- 1/2 tbsp salt for mixing with rice
- 1/4 tsp rice flour
- 6 medium mangoes—peeled and sliced
- Wash and rinse the sticky rice well. Cook rice in a steamer.
- Do not open the rice until fully cooked (about 20-25 mins).
- Heat, on low, 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan.
- Add Sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the coconut milk and cook until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into cooked rice. Stir to mix well and set aside to let stand for about 15 mins.
- Heat the rest of coconut milk and add salt.
- Stir until the salt is dissolved.
- This makes the topping sauce.
- To serve, place sliced mangoes on a side of a serving disk. Spoon some seasoned sticky rice on the other side.
- Top the rice with 1 or 2 tsp of coconut sauce and serve.