Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 – 3 fish (2 lbs) 900 g
- 2 green plantain (sliced 2" in length)
- 2 cocoa (½ lb – ¾ lb) 225-340 g
- 1 grated coconut (1 cup thick cream) 250 ml
- habanero pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tsp salt 5 ml
- ¼ tsp black pepper 2 ml
- ¼ thyme 2 ml
- 2 tbsp margarine 30 ml
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 onion (sliced)
- Clean, dry, season and half fry the fish. Set aside.
- Grate coconut (add 1 cup water, squeeze and strain to get thick cream).
- Boil green plantain and cocoa in about 2 – 3 cups water.
- Add to liquid with plantains and cocoa.
- Add habanero pepper.
- In frying pan, brown 2 tbsp margarine with 2 tbsp flour.
- Add 1 cup water gradually to make a brown sauce.
- Add sauce and slice onion to stew.
- Lastly, add coconut cream.
- Season to taste.