Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 pounds braising meat, sliced 1/2 inch thick (large chunks)
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and diced or a mixture of diced carrot and turnip
- 12 ounces onions, diced (about three medium)
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 or 2 Dutch smoked sausages (or any smoked Sausage)
- Heat the fat in Dutch oven or crock pot until brown. Sear the meat on both sides til brown. Add water to just cover the meat and simmer (covered) for approximately one (1) hour. Add carrots, onions and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about an hour more. Add the Dutch Sausage on top during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the meat and veggies, if there is enough liquid left, make gravy. Mash the vegetables together and put on plates. Put meat and Sausage slices on top and serve with gravy.