- 2 lbs. beef stew meat (1 kg)
- 2 T pure vegetable oil (30ml)
- 1 qt. water (1 L)
- 2 onions (quartered)
- 4 carrots (cut into chunks)
- 2 stalks celery (cut into chunks)
- 1 lb. mushrooms (cleaned) (500 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 t oregano (2 ml)
- 1/2 t thyme (2 ml)
- 1/4 t paprika (1 ml)
- 1 T salt (15 ml)
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml)
- 2 T cornstarch (30ml)
- 1 C sour cream (250 ml)
- Fry stew meat in vegetable oil until brown.
- Add 1 qt. (1 L) water, onions, carrots, and celery. Cover and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, oregano, thyme, paprika, and salt. Simmer
- Combine 1/4 C (60 ml) water and cornstarch in screw top jar. Shake
until thoroughly blended. Add to stew.
- Cook until broth is clear and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream.
Yield: 1-1/2 qt. (1.5 L)
Cookbook: Caring & Cooking for the Hyper-Active Child
Author: Mary Jane Finsand
Typed By: Susan firstname.lastname@example.org