- 2 large zucchini, sliced in medium strips
- 4 large carrots, sliced in medium strips
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Steam carrots until almost tender; then put in zucchini and finish cooking until both carrots and zucchini are tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, while the vegetables are cooking, sauté green pepper and onion in the butter and garlic.
- Add lime juice and seasonings.
- Keep warm until vegetables are done.
- Remove garlic clove.
- Pour over vegetables and serve.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds, if desired.