Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook time: 15 times
An East-Indian styled recipe of prawns steamed in spicy mustard gravy.
- 12 tiger prawns
- mustard seeds / paste / sauce (a small handful)
- coconut paste / poppy seeds / fresh cream (optional)
- 6 green chillies
- cilantro or any other herb (optional)
- 2 onions
- mustard oil
- seasonings - salt + turmeric powder
- Soak the mustard seeds in water overnight (skip if using paste / sauce). Grind them into paste with seasonings.
- Unshell, devein and wash the prawns thoroughly
- Place an aluminum foil in a bowl.
- Slice the onions and mix half of it in the bowl along with prawns and the mustard paste.
- Tear off the tips of chillies and toss them in.
- Sprinkle generous amounts of mustard oil.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut paste / poppy seed paste / fresh cream
- Cover up the foil and steam in foil for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the other half of raw onion sliced sprinkled over it.
- Goes well with steamed plain rice / fried rice / bread.