Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet Asian pears are filled with honey and Chinese dates and gently steamed. If Asian pears are unavailable, Bartlett pears can be used instead. Chinese red dates are also known as jujubes (strictly speaking, they are not a date at all). Their sweet flavor makes them a popular ingredient in Chinese dessert soups and congees, and in steamed foods. If unavailable, regular dates or Raisins can be used instead.
- 4 Asian pears
- 8 teaspoons (just under 3 tablespoons), honey
- 4 dried Chinese dates, softened in cold water, slitted, and the pits removed
- Wash the pears and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the top off the pears and set aside (these will become the lid).
- Remove the core. If desired, cut off a small slice at the bottom so that the pear will stand straight during steaming.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons honey into each pear.
- Add 1 Chinese honey date. Place the top back on the pear.
- Steam the pears for 30 minutes, or until the pears are tender. Serve warm.