- 3 lbs of your favorite cut of lamb
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 large carrots
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 long hot peppers
- 2 t lard or drippings
- Place lamb in a heavy roasting dish with a cover.
- Place carrots, potatoes, and onion around the lamb.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 6 pieces and also place it around the lamb.
- Place the hot peppers on top of the lamb.
- Cover and let steam until done.
- Do not take the cover off unless necessary.
- Let roast in a 250°C oven for 2½ hours.