Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Steamed Artichoke from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 2-5
Optional seasonings Edit
Optional cips Edit
- Cut off artichoke stem and head.
- Remove base leaves and cut off pointy end of upper leaves.
- Rub artichoke in lemon to preserve color.
- Add salt (and any seasonings) to 3 inches of water, bring to low boil.
- Place artichoke top down in pot tall enough to place lid without touching the artichoke.
- Boil on low 30–45 minutes until bottom can be punctured without resistance.
- Place artichoke upside down to drain.
- Serve whole, with one or more dips. Diners should remove a leaf, dip the base of the leaf in the dip, and eat the fleshy base of the leaf.
- When all the leaves are gone, remove the choke, cut the heart of the artichoke into bite sized pieces, and serve with the dip.