Steamed Artichoke from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 2-5
Optional seasonings Edit
Optional cips Edit
- Cut off artichoke stem and head.
- Remove base leaves and cut off pointy end of upper leaves.
- Rub artichoke in lemon to preserve color.
- Add salt (and any seasonings) to 3 inches of water, bring to low boil.
- Place artichoke top down in pot tall enough to place lid without touching the artichoke.
- Boil on low 30–45 minutes until bottom can be punctured without resistance.
- Place artichoke upside down to drain.
- Serve whole, with one or more dips. Diners should remove a leaf, dip the base of the leaf in the dip, and eat the fleshy base of the leaf.
- When all the leaves are gone, remove the choke, cut the heart of the artichoke into bite sized pieces, and serve with the dip.