Copyright, 2006, Robin Miller, All rights reserved
- Show: Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller
- Episode: Dinner Is Served
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons peppercorn melange (sold with the other peppercorns in the spice aisle)
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless sirloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place peppercorns in a plastic bag and mash them with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin until finely crushed.
- Season both sides of steaks with salt and add to bag with crushed peppercorn melange.
- Refrigerate up to 48 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks and cook 2 minutes per side, until browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together orange marmalade, onions and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add mixture to steaks and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 5 minutes, until sauce thickens and steaks are cooked through.