Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Irish meat dish is best served and eaten with potatoes and vegetables.
- 1 x 12-inch pie pastry
- 2 pounds round steak, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 5 medium size onions, chopped
- 1 bottle Guinness stout
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- chopped parsley
- In a casserole heat butter.
- Cook steak, flour and bacon over medium heat until brown.
- In a separate pan, saute onions until brown.
- Then add onions in the casserole.
- Add raisins, brown sugar and Guinness. Stir.
- Cover casserole and let it cook and simmer over low heat for 2½ hours.
- Add water when gravy mixture thickens rapidly.
- While the meat is cooking, take out a pie dish and coat it with half of the pastry and bake.
- Place the meat and gravy mix in the pie dish.
- Cover with the rest of pastry.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.