Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a unique idea for grilled steak on the barbeque and the garlic salsa is great with it!
- 6 servings
- 35 minutes (15 mins prep)
Step one Edit
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Step two Edit
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak or London broil beef, 1 to 1½ inches thick
- 1 large bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups bite sized pieces romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Shake step one ingredients together in a tightly sealed container and set aside ¼ cup.
- Stir green onions and tomatoes into remaining salsa.
- Grill (covered) steak and bell pepper 4 to 5 inches over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning steak once and pepper frequently.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into ¼ inch slices and toss with reserved ¼ cup of salsa.
- Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Place romaine or salad greens, bell pepper, mushrooms and steak into large bowl.
- Add the salsa, tomato and green onion mixture and toss.