Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings of steak pizzaiola.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chunky marinara sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1½ pounds boneless sirloin steak
- ¾ pound linguine pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 12 oz bag Caesar salad with dressing
- Heat broiler.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boiling.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet.
- Add peppers and onion, saute until tender.
- Season with ½ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan.
- Add garlic, cook until softened.
- Add marinara, ¼ tsp salt, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes, cook 5 minutes.
- Season the steak on both sides with remaining salt and pepper.
- Broil steak until done.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain.
- Lower oven temp to 400°F.
- Cook the linguine following package directions. Drain.
- Place the meat in a glass baking dish.
- Spoon 1½ cups sauce over the meat.
- Arrange half the onions and peppers over the sauce, sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese melts and is heated through.
To serve Edit
- Toss pasta with remaining pepper mixture and remaining sauce, place on platter.
- Lift steak slices out of dish and place over the top of pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan, bread and the salad.