Makes 6 servings.
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup teriyaki marinade
- 1½ pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons currant or other tart red jelly
- 1 x 10½-ounce can mushroom gravy
- 2 tart cooking apples, cored and sliced
- 1½ cups slivered green peppers
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine wine and teriyaki marinade; pour over Steak.
- Set aside while preparing peppers and apples.
- Drain marinade from meat and reserve.
- Sauté meat in butter in large skillet over high heat until browned.
- Stir in jelly, gravy and marinade; bring to a boil.
- Top with Apples and peppers. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Serve over hot rice.