- 675 gm Duck breast skinned and boned
- 2 tbl vegetable oil
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 tsp ginger puree
- 6 tbl Onion purse
- 100 gm creamed coconut chopped
- 1 tbl vinegar any type
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 1 salt to taste
- spices (whole):
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed
- 1 1/2 tsp cassia bark
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Remove and discard skin from the Duck and dice.
- Put the Duck in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. To roast the spices place them on a separate baking tray in the oven at the same time but for 5 minutes only.
- Grind the spices remove and use liquid from Duck for subsequent frying adding it to the vegetable oil.
- Fry the garlic for 1 minute then the ginger 1minute and the Onion 3 minutes. Add the spices (2 minutes) the coconut vinegar Sugar salt the Duck and a little water if needed (enough to keep it from sticking later).
- Put all this into a casserole dish and back into the oven at 190C. Inspect after 20 minutes add stock or more water if dry.
- Serve after a further 10 to 20 minutes.
- Robustly aromatic in taste and dark brown in colour.
- Serves 4