Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spiced coconut custard
- 5 eggs
- 250 gm jaggery
- 250 ml coconut milk, thick
- 150 ml water
- pinch cardamom powder
- pinch cinnamon, ground
- pinch nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp rose essence
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Mix the jaggery and water and boil until the jaggery has melted.
- Allow to cool. Add melted jaggery and coconut milk a little at a time to the eggs and continue to beat.
- Add the powdered cloves, cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg and rose essence and pour into a greased bowl.
- Cover with grease proof paper and steam for 1½ hours.
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts before or after steaming.