- Wash the meat and prick it all over with a skewer or fork.
- Chop the onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes.
- Crush the cloves and cardamoms.
- Place the meat in a pan and pour the thin coconut milk over the top of it.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, tomato, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, curry powder, fenugreek, lemon grass, fennel powder, coriander powder, chile powder, paprika powder and vinegar.
- Mix spices into meat and milk and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently until the meat is tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Pour in the coconut milk, thick and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Pour the gravy into a bowl.
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the meat until browned.
- Pour the gravy back into the pan, bring back to the boil, then discard the cinnamon stick.
- Remove the meat to a carving board, cut into slices and serve with the gravy.