Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4½ pounds butternut squash
- 4 large leeks cleaned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Bake at 350 until tender.
- When cool enough to handle remove pulp from skin and set aside.
- Sauté leeks and thyme in butter until tender then add pulp and chicken stock and simmer 20 minutes.
- In blender puree a little at a time then return to pot and season with salt and pepper.
- If desired garnish with sour cream and chives.