Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Italian spareribs in sauce. The tomato sauce created while the ribs cook is great with pasta as a first course. Following that, the ribs make a delicious second course with steamed green beans or broccoli. However, it is more traditional to serve the ribs with their rich red sauce as a one-dish meal with polenta.
- 1½ lb pork back ribs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp crushed red chili pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can tomatoes; (19 oz)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cut strip of ribs into 2 rib portions.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chili pepper for 30 seconds.
- Add ribs.
- Cook, turning, until browned on all sides.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, breaking them up with fork, and vinegar.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until meat is tender and no longer pink close to the bone.
- (the sauce will be reduced by about half.
- If it becomes drier during cooking, stir in a bit of water to maintain a sauce-like consistency.
- ) skim any visible fat from surface of sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
Serving size: ⅙ recipe
- Exchanges: lean meat exchange: 4 vegetable exchange: 1
- Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 59 mg | Sodium: 466 mg | Potassium: 698 mg | Carbohydrate: 4 g | Protein: 28 g