Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Stir very thoroughly together 1 pound powdered sugar and 4 eggs.
- Next, add 2 knife-points of cleaned potash, and the grated rind of 1 lemon.
- When well mixed add 1 pound of fine flour.
- Roll out the dough ¼ inch thick, and be careful to flour the moulds well before pressing out the cakes.
- Remove carefully from the moulds and lay on a board covered with anise-seed, figure-side up.
- Stand aside for 12 hours in a cold place, then place in pans and bake in a hot oven.
- Work the dough as cold as possible.