Kick off your spring menu with these turkey roll ups.
- From: National Turkey Federation via Dlifeadmin (http://Www.Eatturkey.Com/Foodsrv/Recipes.Html)
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1⅓ cups green onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 8 oz fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 lb pulled turkey, thawed, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, julienne
- 30 each spring roll wrappers
- as needed vegetable oil for frying
- Heat oils in large saute pan over high heat.
- Add green onion and red pepper and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute one minute.
- Add bean sprouts and saute one minute.
- Blend cornstarch, water, soy sauce and sugar together.
- Add turkey, lettuce and cornstarch mixture to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is thickened.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a flat pan to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, place approximately 2 tablespoons on the lower corner of one wrapper.
- Roll up, folding in sides to completely enclose filling.
- Seal ends by brushing lightly with water.
- Set each aside until all are rolled.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil to 380°F and fry spring rolls a few at a time until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel and serve immediately with garnish and sauces.
- Serve one roll per portion.
Nutritional Information Edit
- 130 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 10mg Cholesterol | 120mg Sodium | 17g Total Carbs | 6g Protein | 1g Fiber