Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kick off your spring menu with these turkey roll ups.
- From: National Turkey Federation via Dlifeadmin (http://Www.Eatturkey.Com/Foodsrv/Recipes.Html)
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1⅓ cups green onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 8 oz fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 lb pulled turkey, thawed, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, julienne
- 30 each spring roll wrappers
- as needed vegetable oil for frying
- Heat oils in large saute pan over high heat.
- Add green onion and red pepper and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute one minute.
- Add bean sprouts and saute one minute.
- Blend cornstarch, water, soy sauce and sugar together.
- Add turkey, lettuce and cornstarch mixture to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is thickened.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a flat pan to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, place approximately 2 tablespoons on the lower corner of one wrapper.
- Roll up, folding in sides to completely enclose filling.
- Seal ends by brushing lightly with water.
- Set each aside until all are rolled.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil to 380°F and fry spring rolls a few at a time until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel and serve immediately with garnish and sauces.
- Serve one roll per portion.
Nutritional Information Edit
- 130 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 10mg Cholesterol | 120mg Sodium | 17g Total Carbs | 6g Protein | 1g Fiber