- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced, or good-sized bunch garlic chives, minced
- 2 (16-oz.) cans beans (pink, black or navy), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 12 to 16 oz. spring greens with small leaves (such as arugula, watercress, baby spinach),
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, 30 seconds. Add scallions and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in beans, chili powder, and 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then mash just enough beans with back of wooden spoon to create a thick, saucy base. Cover and cook over low heat while preparing greens.