Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled red pepper Romesco sauce Edit
- Fire up grill to medium heat.
- Rub asparagus and scallions with olive oil.
- Grill on all sides, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Put peppers on grill, and cook until softened and mostly blackened on all sides, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Put peppers in a paper or plastic bag to steam briefly until cool enough to handle.
- Strip off majority of blackened skins, rinsing your hands as needed.
- Slice peppers into chunks, discarding stems and seeds and reserving juices.
- Put peppers and any juices, almonds, garlic, vinegar, paprika, crushed red pepper and salt in a blender or food processor.
- With motor running, pour in oil, and process until combined and nearly smooth.
- Set aside.
- Soak mushrooms in hot water to cover until soft, for about 15 minutes.
- Strain off, reserve 2 tablespoons of water and discard grit.
- Halve or quarter mushrooms if larger than bite-sized.
- Chop asparagus and scallions into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F, or use a covered grill at same temperature.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, grilled red pepper Romesco sauce, 2 tablespoons mushroom-soaking water and about half cheese until combined.
- Pour oil into an 8x10-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably nonstick, and heat over medium heat.
- Stir in mushrooms, asparagus and scallions, and warm through.
- Pat mixture down evenly in skillet.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into skillet.
- Continue heating until bottom is lightly set, for about 3 minutes more, lifting edges and tilting skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow to bottom.
- Scatter remaining cheese over frittata.
- Cover, and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake until frittata is set to desired firmness, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slice into wedges, and serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.