Grilled red pepper Romesco sauce Edit
- Fire up grill to medium heat.
- Rub asparagus and scallions with olive oil.
- Grill on all sides, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Put peppers on grill, and cook until softened and mostly blackened on all sides, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Put peppers in a paper or plastic bag to steam briefly until cool enough to handle.
- Strip off majority of blackened skins, rinsing your hands as needed.
- Slice peppers into chunks, discarding stems and seeds and reserving juices.
- Put peppers and any juices, almonds, garlic, vinegar, paprika, crushed red pepper and salt in a blender or food processor.
- With motor running, pour in oil, and process until combined and nearly smooth.
- Set aside.
- Soak mushrooms in hot water to cover until soft, for about 15 minutes.
- Strain off, reserve 2 tablespoons of water and discard grit.
- Halve or quarter mushrooms if larger than bite-sized.
- Chop asparagus and scallions into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F, or use a covered grill at same temperature.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, grilled red pepper Romesco sauce, 2 tablespoons mushroom-soaking water and about half cheese until combined.
- Pour oil into an 8x10-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably nonstick, and heat over medium heat.
- Stir in mushrooms, asparagus and scallions, and warm through.
- Pat mixture down evenly in skillet.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into skillet.
- Continue heating until bottom is lightly set, for about 3 minutes more, lifting edges and tilting skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow to bottom.
- Scatter remaining cheese over frittata.
- Cover, and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake until frittata is set to desired firmness, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slice into wedges, and serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.