Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Seems Like I Done It This A-Way
- Serves 8
- 1 pound hamburger meat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp green pepper, diced
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can tomato sauce or tomatoes
- 1 cup grated American cheese
- Place hamburger in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and pepper.
- Brown slowly until partially done.
- Drain off fat.
- Place a thin layer of cooked macaroni, well drained, in the bottom of a baking dish or pan; put a layer of meat mixture over macaroni, then a layer of tomatoes or sauce.
- Sprinkle a layer of grated cheese over this.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 to 45 minutes.