- Chop the onion, carrots and celery and sauté them in the olive oil or water, stirring frequently, until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the split peas and mix well.
- Add the water or stock and soy sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until the peas are soft.
- To thicken the soup broth, dissolve the arrowroot or tapioca flour in a bit of cold water, then stir into the hot soup.
- Add the salt and pepper to the soup, stir, and serve.
- To make a spicier version of this soup, try adding ground cumin, curry powder or cayenne pepper, ½ tsp at a time.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.