Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 12 servings
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) beer
- ½ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 4 serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried pepper flakes
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp margarita salt
- 4 game hens or squab
- 2 pheasants or small chickens
- 8 quail
- Combine beer, oil, peppers, garlic, pepper flakes, lime, soy sauce and salt.
- Put cleaned, washed and dried birds in 1 or 2 large heavy plastic food bags.
- Pour in marinade and seal bags.
- Turn and shake until birds are coated with marinade.
- Refrigerate several yours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove birds from marinade and position them on a turning spit.
- Tie legs and wings close to body to keep from overcooking.
- Roast in a covered grill over medium hot coals or in a 350°F oven.
- Small birds will take about 30 minutes; larger birds 1 to 1½ hours.
- Baste every 5 minutes.
- Test doneness by pricking with a fork between thigh and body to see if juices run clear.