Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 x 10½-ounce package firm tofu, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 egg roll skins
- oil for frying
- hot mustard and Sweet and sour sauce
- Heat oil in large skillet; sauté onions, garlic and ginger 3 minutes.
- Add tofu; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add rice, spinach and carrot; cook until heated through.
- Add sherry, soy sauce and salt; continue to stir-fry 5 minutes or until all liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat.
- Place egg roll skin diagonally on dry work surface.
- Spoon ⅓ cup spinach/rice mixture slightly below center toward bottom corner.
- Fold up lower corner to cover filling and firmly roll up filling toward center. Then fold over right and left corner, roll over and brush with cold water to seal.
- Heat oil in deep fat fryer to 375°F.
- Carefully drop in egg rolls. Fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- Serve with hot mustard and Sweet-and-Sour sauce.