Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 pints of chicken stock
- 75 g of yellow split peas, soaked
- 25 g of unsalted butter
- 100 g of spring onions
- 5 ml / 1 tsp of turmeric
- 225 g of spinach finely chopped
- 60 ml of parsley chopped
- 50 g coriander chopped
- grated zest of 2 tangerines and juice of 3
- 30 ml of ground rice
- 150 ml of cold water
- 225 g of natural yoghurt, soured
- cream or crème fraîche
- Boil the chicken stock.
- Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the spring onions and gently fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and then add to it the stock and peas.
- Add the coriander, spinach, parsley, citrus rind and juice.
- Cover the pan and simmer for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a little yoghurt and fresh coriander.