Baby spinach dressed in a light raspberry vinaigrette and tossed with fresh strawberries, almonds and creamy goat cheese. What could be more delightful and this easy?
- ½ shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 5 fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Combine the minced shallot and raspberry vinegar in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture while continuously whisking.
- Place the vinaigrette in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Roughly chop (or tear) the baby spinach into large julienne strips.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Prep the remaining components of the salad, but keep separated.
- Slice the strawberries into thin round slices.
- Toast the almonds by spreading on a cookie sheet and placing in a 375°F degree oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- Crumble the goat cheese into medium-size chunks.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, add the strawberries, almonds and goat cheese and lightly mix together.
- Add the dressing slowly (you may not want to add all the dressing to the salad).
- Gently mix together and serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (89 g-wt.):
- 180 calories (150 from fat) | 17g total fat | 3.5g saturated fat | 1g dietary fiber | 4g protein | 4g carbohydrate | 5mg cholesterol | 40mg sodium