Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Baby spinach dressed in a light raspberry vinaigrette and tossed with fresh strawberries, almonds and creamy goat cheese. What could be more delightful and this easy?
- ½ shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 5 fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Combine the minced shallot and raspberry vinegar in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture while continuously whisking.
- Place the vinaigrette in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Roughly chop (or tear) the baby spinach into large julienne strips.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Prep the remaining components of the salad, but keep separated.
- Slice the strawberries into thin round slices.
- Toast the almonds by spreading on a cookie sheet and placing in a 375°F degree oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- Crumble the goat cheese into medium-size chunks.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, add the strawberries, almonds and goat cheese and lightly mix together.
- Add the dressing slowly (you may not want to add all the dressing to the salad).
- Gently mix together and serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (89 g-wt.):
- 180 calories (150 from fat) | 17g total fat | 3.5g saturated fat | 1g dietary fiber | 4g protein | 4g carbohydrate | 5mg cholesterol | 40mg sodium