Makes 4 servings
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
- ¾ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- Remove tops of bell peppers and reserve. Coarsely chop tops of peppers, discarding stems; set aside. Remove seeds from peppers.
- Place peppers in microwave-proof baking dish, cover loosely and cook in microwave on high power 2 to 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped bell pepper and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add rice; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add water, salt and black pepper. Heat to boiling; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach; stir until spinach is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup cheese.
- Place equal amounts of rice mixture into peppers; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 °F for 15 minutes.