Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1¾ pounds)
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- ½ cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped (½ cup)
- 1 bag (10 ounces) washed fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Remove fat from chicken.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet 2 minutes on each side; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in milk, broth and onion.
- Cook about 5 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in spinach.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is completely wilted and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Cook spinach mixture about 3 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve chicken on spinach.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 165 (Calories from Fat 35) | Fat 4g (Saturated 1g) | Cholesterol 75mg | Sodium 310mg | Potassium 440mg | Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g) | Protein 30g
% Daily Value:
- Vitamin A 70% | Vitamin C 4% | Vitamin D 6% | Calcium 12% | Iron 8% | Folic Acid 12%
- Diet exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable
- Weight Watcher Points - 4 Points