Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Ready In: 1 Hr 20 min.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 8 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring the pie crust to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook until onion becomes transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the spinach with the onion, cover the skillet; turn off the heat, and set aside.
- Unroll the crust and press to fit into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Trim the edges.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until light colored and frothy.
- Add the garlic, thyme, basil, cheeses, and spinach mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and an inserted tooth pick comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Nutritional Information Edit
Amount Per Serving Calories: 378 | Total Fat: 27.2g | Cholesterol: 297mg