Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Ready In: 1 Hr 20 min.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 8 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring the pie crust to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook until onion becomes transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the spinach with the onion, cover the skillet; turn off the heat, and set aside.
- Unroll the crust and press to fit into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Trim the edges.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until light colored and frothy.
- Add the garlic, thyme, basil, cheeses, and spinach mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and an inserted tooth pick comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Nutritional Information Edit
Amount Per Serving Calories: 378 | Total Fat: 27.2g | Cholesterol: 297mg